- To teach children within a culture of high expectation and challenge enabling the child to achieve their best
- To teach them to be good choosers, skilful problem solvers and powerful learners
- To give them the confidence to question and to search for answers
- To understand that without mistakes we don’t learn and so encourage them to take risks
- To build the skills, knowledge and understanding required for making sense of the world around them
- To learn to work collaboratively as well as independently
- To be caring and respectful of those around them
- To help them to recognise that learning is lifelong
- But most importantly to enjoy learning
Providing a broad and balanced curriculum for our children to follow informed by the National Curriculum (2014). The subjects taught aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum of academic, cultural and physical pursuits.
Please click on the links below to see an overview of the curriculum across our school.
Nursery & Reception
Early Years Curriculum
Key Stage 1 & 2
Long Term Curriculum Map
Copyright © Newton Leys Primary School & Nursery. All rights reserved. OFSTED NUMBER 135270