Copyright © Newton Leys Primary School & Nursery. All rights reserved. OFSTED NUMBER 135270
NEWTON LEYS SCHOOL CURRICULUM
- To teach children within a culture of high expectation and challenge enabling the child to achieve their best
- To teach them to be good choosers, skilful problem solvers and powerful learners
- To give them the confidence to question and to search for answers
- To understand that without mistakes we don’t learn and so encourage them to take risks
- To build the skills, knowledge and understanding required for making sense of the world around them
- To learn to work collaboratively as well as independently
- To be caring and respectful of those around them
- To help them to recognise that learning is lifelong
- But most importantly to enjoy learning
Providing a broad and balanced curriculum for our children to follow informed by the National Curriculum (2014). The subjects taught aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum of academic, cultural and physical pursuits.
Please click on the links below to see an overview of the curriculum across our school.
Detailed Year Group Curriculum plans